Invoicing and Payments
We recommend that you make an e-invoice agreement in your own online banking facility or a direct payment agreement by visiting your bank in person. To make an e-invoice or direct payment agreement, you will need the reference number of your most recent invoice and the personal identity number of the invoice’s receiver. Corporate customers have the option of receiving invoices from the City of Turku as e-invoices.
If you do not make an e-invoice or direct payment agreement, a paper invoice will be sent to your home.
In addition to paying online, you can also pay invoices sent by the City of Turku at the city’s cash desk services at Puolalankatu 5.
Invoices addressed to the city
In accordance with a decision made by the City Board on 15 December 2009 (Section 669), the City of Turku only accepts e-invoices. The city’s invitations to tender require the supplier to be able to send their invoices as e-invoices.
The City of Turku’s e-invoice address is TE003702048198.
The e-invoice operators are:
- Tieto Finland Oy - operator ID 003701011385
- Pohjola Pankki Oyj - operator ID OKOYFIHH
PLEASE NOTE! The name of the person processing the invoice must be written in the ‘Your reference’ field.
General requirements for invoices
- the date of the invoice
- a sequential number that uniquely identifies the invoice (invoice number)
- the vendor’s VAT identification number
- the vendor’s name
- the vendor’s address (also street address)
- the buyer’s VAT identification number if the reverse charge applies or if the invoice concerns intra-community trade (trade in goods between Member States of the EU)
- the buyer’s name and address
- the quantity and nature of the goods supplied or the extent and nature of the services rendered
- the purchase order number if the invoice concerns the purchase of SAP ERP goods or services
- if there is no purchase order number, the ‘our reference’ field on the invoice must be filled
- the delivery date of the goods, the date or period on which the service was rendered or the payment date of the advance payment
- the delivery address if the invoice concerns the purchase of goods
- the taxable amount per rate
- the unit price exclusive of tax
- the tax rate and the amount of tax payable
- the total amount payable, including VAT
- in the case of an exemption from taxes, reference to the applicable provision of the Value Added Tax Act or the EU VAT Directive, or any other reference indicating that the supply of goods or services is exempt
- if the taxable person is the buyer according to law, reference that the supply of goods or services is subject to the reverse charge procedure
- any discounts and rebates if they are not included in the unit price
- in the case of an amendment invoice, reference to the previous invoice
- where the procedure applicable to the sale of works of art, collectors' items and antiques, as referred to in Section 79a of the Value Added Tax Act, is applied, reference to the profit margin system
- the contact information of the sender of the invoice for obtaining possible further information
- a fee invoice must be accompanied by a natural person’s certificate of YEL insurance (entrepreneur's pension insurance); the certificate is sent once a year. (If a YEL insurance has not been taken out, the compensation will be paid as salary. In this case, the employee’s pension contributions will be withheld from the payment.)
The general payment term of the City of Turku is 30 days net.
If the original invoice or delivery is incorrect, the supplier must send a credit note pertaining to it.
The credit note must indicate the number of the debit invoice and provide the same reference information that was included in the debit invoice.
In order for invoices to be processed and the processing of invoices to be automated, all invoices must include certain required reference information. The buyer will provide the supplier with the necessary references.