- Contraception Clinic (in finnish)
The Contraception Clinic serves under 25-year-old residents of Turku and persons who have not found a suitable contraception method within two years of giving birth.
Over 25-year-old residents of Turku who have problems with contraception can visit the Contraception Clinic with a referral from a doctor, public health nurse, or social worker. The services of the Contraception Clinic are free of charge. A health centre fee will be charged for medical care visits to a doctor.
You can seek help from the Contraception Clinic in case:
- you would like to get an abortion
- you would like to get sterilized
- you are under 18 years old and need emergency contraception
- you need a follow-up check after giving birth and you would like to choose an intrauterine device (IUD, or coil) or a contraceptive implant as a method of contraception
Booking an appointment
Appointments for a Contraception Clinic doctor should be booked by phone. Appointments for Contraception Clinic nurses can be booked by phone (Mon 8.00-15.00 and Tue-Fri 8.00-11.00) or via the eHealth services.