Sports for Immigrants
Person responsible of Sports Services Minna Inkinen
Immigrants are welcome to use all services organized by the Sports Services Centre. All Turku residents can also participate in multicultural activities.
Participation at half price for immigrants who have lived in Turku for less than three years (i.e. are covered by the Act on the Integration of Immigrants), or are participating in KOTO activities.
Spring season: Mon 9 January – Sun 21 May 2017
CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
Multicultural sports and exercise clubs
- 7–9-year-olds on Tuesdays 16.00–17.00 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 7–12-year-olds on Fridays 16.00–17.30 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 10–12-year-olds on Thursdays 17.00–18.00 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 13–19-year-olds on Thursdays 16.00–17.00 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
On MovE exercise clubs
- 5–6-year-olds on Wednesdays 16–17 Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
- 7–9-year-olds on Wednesdays 17–18 Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
Ball games club for girls
- 13–19-year-olds on Tuesdays 18.30–20 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
Sports Wonderland for Kids
Meant for 1–12-year-olds with their parents, on Sundays 8 Jan–23 Apr 2017, 17.00–19.00 (not on April 16)
ADULTS AND FAMILIES
- Women on Fridays: March 4 and May 8, 13.00–15.00, Kupittaa bowling hall, Kupittankuja 1
- Men on Fridays:
Futsal for men
- on Thursdays: January 14–April 28 2016, 19.00–20.30, Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
Gym for women
- on Tuesdays 13.30–15.00, Kupittaa sports hall charter gym, Tahkokuja 5
- on Thursdays 15.00-16.00, Varissuo ice hall gym, entry via Suurpäänkatu 2
Prices: the price list of Sports Services is below
Petrelius swimming hall, Ruiskatu 2
- Women on Saturdays January 9–May 21, 16.00–18.30
- Men on Sundays January 10–May 22, 16.00–18.30
Please note! Normal swimming hall entry fees and series tickets/wristbands are in use during men’s and women’s time slots.
Life guards are of the same sex as the group.
Swimming school course for over 15-year-olds, 10 times
Petrelius Swimmin Hall, Ruiskatu 2
- Women on Saturdays: March 19–May 21, 16.00–17.00
- Men on Sundays: March 20–May 22, 16.00-17.00
The 70€ course fee should be paid during the first time.
Sign up by March 15: Minna Inkinen