Sports for Immigrants
Pansio –district's school hall Ask more
Sports Service correspondent Minna Inkinen
- Varissuo –district's ice hall
- Information bank – Free time in Turku page for more information on sports and culture services directed at immigrants in 15 different languages
Immigrants are welcome to use all services organized by the Sports Services Centre. All Turku residents can also participate in multicultural activities. Gym, swimming and ball sports are offered seperately to men and women.
Participation at half price for immigrants who have lived in Turku for less than three years (i.e. are covered by the Act on the Integration of Immigrants), or are participating in KOTO activities.
Spring season: Mon 8 January – Sun 20 May 2018
Children and young people
Multicultural sports and exercise clubsFutsal clubs
- 7–9-year-olds on Tuesdays 16.00–17.00 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 7–12-year-olds on Thursdays 16.00–18.00 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 10–12-year-olds on Wednesdays 16.00–17.30 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 13–19-year-olds on Fridays 16.00–17.30 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 13-19-year-olda on Thursdays 17.00-18.00 Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
- 5–7-year-olds on Wednesdays 16.15–17 Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
- 8–10-year-olds on Wednesdays 17–18 Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
- 13–15-year-olds on Wednesdays 17.30–18.30 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 16-19-year-olds on Wednesdays 18.30-19.30 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- 16-29-year-olds on Saturdays 19.30-21.30 Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
Meant for 1–12-year-olds with their parents, on Sundays 14 Jan–29 Apr 2018, 17.00–19.00
Adults and familiesBowling
- Women on Fridays: 19.1., 9.2., 16.3. ja 13.4. 13.00–15.00, Kupittaa bowling hall, Kupittankuja 1
- Men on Fridays: 26.1., 16.2., 23.3. ja 20.4. 13.00–15.00, Kupittaa bowling hall, Kupittankuja 1
- on Thursdays: January 11–May 3 2018, 19.00–20.30, Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
- on Tuesdays: January 9–May 30 2018, 13.45-14.45 Kupittaa ball hall, Lemminkäisenkatu 32.
- on Thursdays: January 11–May 17 2018, Varissuo ice hall gym, entry via Suurpäänkatu 2
- on Tuesdays: January 16–May 24 2018 16-17.30 Snelmann school/Mikaelin sali , Koulukatu 8
- on Mondays January 8-May 30 2018 19-20 Varissuolla Yhdessä yhdistyksen, Nisse Kavon katu 3 (kirjaston alakerta)
- torstaisin 11.1.-3.5.2018 at 18-19 Lausteen koulu, Raadinkatu 7
- torstaisin 11.1.-3.5.2018 kello 16.30-17.30 Majanummen toimitalo, Hintsankuja 4
- on Tuesdays 13.30–15.00, Kupittaa sports hall charter gym, Tahkokuja 5
- on Thursdays 15.30-17.00, Varissuo ice hall gym, entry via Suurpäänkatu 2
Prices: the price list of Sports Services is belowSwimming
Petrelius swimming hall, Ruiskatu 2
- Women on Saturdays January 9–May 19, 16.00–18.30
- Men on Sundays January 10–May 20, 16.00–18.30
Please note! Normal swimming hall entry fees and series tickets/wristbands are in use during men’s and women’s time slots.
Life guards are of the same sex as the group.
Petrelius Swimmin Hall, Ruiskatu 2
- Women on Saturdays: March 17–May 19, 16.00–17.00
- Men on Sundays: March 18–May 20, 16.00-17.00
The 70€ course fee should be paid during the first time.
Sign up by March 15: Minna Inkinen