Special classes mean classes that emphasize certain subjects by the specific decision of the Education Committee.
Language-oriented classes start in the first year. Classes emphasizing music, mathematics, sports and art start in the third year.
Applying to special classes
You should apply to special classes through the Wilma Turku system. If you do not have user rights to Wilma Turku, you can either download the application form or contact the school you wish to apply to in order to get a printed form. Applications should be delivered into the desired school before the deadline in January. The specific date of the deadline will be announced separately.
Introductions of special classes
Special classes will introduce themselves to the parents and guardians of second year students on the following dates and times:
- music classes on Tuesday 7 Jan 2015 at 18.00 at Puolala school (Kauppiaskatu 14)
- mathematics class on Thursday 8 Jan 2015 at 18.00 at Raunistula school (Oikotie 1)
- physical education class on Thursday 8 Jan 2015 at 18.00 at Vasaramäki school (Lehmustie 7)
- visual art class on Monday 12 Jan 2015 at 18.00 at Luostarivuori school Martti unit (Hopeasepänkuja 2)
Testing for special classes
Students who have applied to special classes will be invited to tests separately.
- Testing for visual art classes will be arranged on Wednesday 4 Feb 2015 from 9.00 to 14.00 at Luostarivuori school, Martti unit.
- Testing for the mathematics class will be arranged on Thursday 5 Feb 2015 at 9.00 at Raunistula school.
- Testing for the physical education class will be arranged on Friday 6 Feb 2015 from 9.00 to 11.30 at Kupittaa Sports Hall, at the back of the stand. Take indoor sports gear with you.
- Testing for music class will be arranged between 3 and 5 February 2015 at 9.00 at Puolala school. The specific testing dates and times will be announced by schools. In the test the applicant must sing either ”Oravan pesä” or ”Mitä mulle vastaat”.
Language-oriented classes and choosing a language