Apply for a Residential Parking Permit
Residential parking permits are in use in six different areas in Turku: in Port Arthur, Pohjola, and University Hill, as well as next to Samppalinna and TYKS (Turku university Hospital). Residential parking areas are the same as business parking areas.
You can get a residential parking permit if the following apply to you:
- You live in the area in question according to the population register (You can also prove your home address with, for example, a tenancy agreement)
- You have a driving license
- You own or use one of the following vehicles according to the vehicle register:
- A passenger car or a van
- A motorcycle
- A special vehicle
- A quadricycle or light quadricycle (microcar)
Two registration numbers can be marked on the residential parking permit, but only one of these can be parked in residential parking at a time. The permit must be noticeably attached to the windscreen. Not all street parking spaces are for residential parking; residential parking spaces are marked separately with traffic signs. The driver must check the signs when parking.
- Residential and business parking zones (pdf 560 kB; in Finnish)
- Application form for residential parking permit (pdf in Finnish)
Validity and prices
- Calendar year: 120 €
- Half a year (1 January – 30 June or 1 July – 31 December): 70 €
You can get the permit for a maximum of one year at a time, after which the permit must be renewed.
Where to get the permit
Turku-piste, customer service of Public Utility Property Management (Puolalankatu 5, 1st floor, tel. +358 (0)2 2624 565)
To get faster service, please print and fill in the residential parking application form in advance.