Parking Fees and Areas
Time limits for paid car parks
Stickers attached to parking meters inform you about the time limits of the payments.
You can purchase two hours of parking at a time from a parking meter marked with a yellow sticker.
You can purchase half an hour of parking at a time from a parking meter marked with a red sticker.
You can purchase as much parking time as you want from a parking meter marked with a green sticker.
There are two different zones with different hourly rates in the City Centre area. Please note that there are also many private parking companies in the area who have their own policies.
Ways of payment
- Mobile payments
Parking zones and fees
- Zone I (nuclear centre): 3,00 €/hour
- Zone II (the rest of the city): 1,50 €/hour
- The area around the Cathedral: 0,80 €/first hour and 0,60€ for the following hours
- The parking area of Kiinanmyllykatu: 0,60 €/hour
- Varissuo ice hall: 0,60 €/hour
In general, the parking zones mentioned above are subject to a charge in the following times:
- on weekdays (Mon-Fri) 9-18
- on Saturdays 9-15
Free parking on Sundays.
Faulty parking meters
If you notice a fault in a parking meter please contact the service advice number at +358 (0)2 2633 2237.