Maintenance and Public Sanitation Responsibilities
Responsibilities of landowners and holders
- Maintenance of the road intersection leading to the lot
- Notifying the municipality or the police of breakages or holes in the pavement, or other similar deficiencies endangering traffic
- Taking temporary measures to issue traffic warnings as needed
- Removal of dirt, leaves, rubbish, weeds and loose items accumulated on the roadway, light-traffic lane and sidewalk, from the border of the property to the street median, but within a maximum distance of 15 m (or max. 24 m, provided there is a planted area in the street).
- Maintain the cleanliness of the roads leading to the lot through the planted area.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the green lane and ditch located at a maximum distance of 3 m from the lot's border.
Responsibilities of the municipality
- Maintenance and repair of roadways and sidewalks and maintenance of pavements.
- Maintenance of plantings, street fixtures, elevations, guard rails, traffic signs and other equipment.
- Keeping gravelled street surfaces even and binding the dust on gravelled roadways.
- In other ways maintaining the cleanliness of streets
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the plantings, street fixtures, elevations, guard rails, traffic signs and other equipment
Turku Service, customer service
Visiting address: Puolalankatu 5
Tel. 02 262 4444