Luostarinmäki is the only continuous district of wooden houses that survived the fire of 1827 in Turku. These houses are over 200 years old and still standing in their original building sites. The houses have been furnished as craftsmen’s homes and workshops, representing over 30 different trades. The museum tells the story of pre-industrial urban craftsmanship. In the summertime craftsmen come to work in the workshops.