Are you the best social media enthusiast in your city? Do you love creating visually intriguing stories? Visit Turku at the beginning of this summer and put your content creation skills to use at SHIFT Business Festival.
The City of Turku and SHIFT, the most engaging business festival in Finland, are inviting social media enthusiasts, bloggers and vloggers from Turku’s twin cities and neighbouring cities to Turku in Southern Finland.
We offer you tickets to the superb SHIFT business festival and in addition many more experiences in Turku. We will pay for your travel and accommodation from May 31st to June 3rd.
You will have to be a skilled social media enthusiast representing your city and publish on your chosen media channels (blog, vlog, social media) about SHIFT and Turku during your trip.
SHIFT will be held in a true festival spirit May 31st and June 1st in Turku Castle, built in the 13th century. The after party on May 31st will be held at the historic Kakola prison! After the business festival, the social media enthusiasts will continue their trip by experiencing Turku and the archipelago. Prepare to see, feel and taste new things – this trip offers excellent possibilities for creating compelling content!
This year SHIFT is organized for a second time, and will gather again growth companies, investors and influential figures. The event is expected to be attended by 2,000 participants, doubling from last year’s 1000 participants.
The theme for SHIFT 2017 is collaboration. The theme of ‘Human & Machine’ will be discussed and challenged by Vice President Hugh Williams from Google, CEO Gerd Leonhard from the Future Agency, cyborg and artist Neil Harbisson, Christoph Auer-Welsbach from IBM Watson and Alan Laubsch from the Natural Capital Alliance. The theme ‘People 2 People’ will be presented for discussion by Melody Hossaini from InspirEngage, Cecilia Tham from Mob/Fabcafe and Lauri Järvilehto from Lightneer Inc. More speakers will be announced in the upcoming months on the webpage.
We will choose one social media enthusiast from each of the following cities for the journey:
- Sweden: Stockholm and Gothenburg
- Estonia: Tallinn and Tartu
- Norway: Stavanger
- Denmark: Aarhus
- Russia: Saint Petersburg
- Germany: Cologne
How to participate
What do we expect from the bloggers/social media influencers/content creators participating in the SHIFT business festival 2017?
- You will be active in various social media channels with the hashtags #theshiftfi and #turku and #visitturku before, during and after the visit.
- You will make a max. 1 minute video about your expectations on coming to Turku and SHIFT before the visit. This video is considered part of your application.
- You will gather material for at least 5 blog posts/videos about SHIFT to be published at your earliest convenience or at the latest during summer 2017.
- You will share at least 8 pictures with relevant texts and hashtags about the destination (Turku) in your social media channels.
- Reviews, videos, pictures and blog posts about the accommodation as well as sights visited during the trip will be highly appreciated.
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- No spouses, partners, children or friends may accompany the blogger on this trip.
- You must be a blogger or other content creator from the following sister cities of Turku: Stockholm, Gothenburg, Aarhus, Stavanger, Cologne, Saint Petersburg, Tallinn and Tartu.
- The maximum number of participants that will be chosen to join SHIFT is eight.
- Participants are selected based on a variety of criteria, including content platforms, influence, geography & target audience and the short video mentioned above. The chosen ones will be contacted per e-mail.
- The deadline to apply is Sunday 30th April.
The competition will start week 11. Eight social media enthusiasts will be chosen week 18. Please submit your application by 30th April.
Check out SHIFT’s interesting programme at http://theshift.fi/program-2017/schedule
More information and contact persons
Saara Malila, Director of Communication, Turku
tel. +358 (0)44 907 5710
Maria Flemmich, Head of Media & PR, SHIFT
tel. +358 (0)44 319 0037
Lotta Bäck, International Marketing Manager, Visit Turku
tel. +358 (0)50 559 0506