You can pick sunflowers for your own use free of charge from fields owned by the City of Turku. Free flowers are available at seven locations in Turku.
Large blooming sunflowers grown annually in city fields brighten up the day.
Flowers can be picked at the following places:
- Ruissalo; at Jarno Saarisentie and next to the parking space of the Botanical Garden
- Pahaniemi; at the crossing of Pahaniemenkatu and Ojarannantie
- Pitkämäki; at Vehkaniitynkatu 65
- Koroinen; at Koroistentie (by the Koroinen farm)
- Halinen; at Halistentie 4, around the field of Halinen (next to the water supply plant)
- Varissuo; at the end of Valpuri Innanmaan katu, next to the track (behind the allotments, the last patch)
- Artukainen; between Artukaistentie and Messukentänkatu (by the cycle path)