The history of the Qwensel House goes as far back as the 17th century. The first known occupant of the house was an officer of the Court of Appeals, Wilhelm Qwensel, who probably commissioned the current main building in the beginning of the 18th century. The numerous owners of the house have left their mark on the history of the building. The house was spared in the Great Fire of Turku in 1827. The last private owner of the building, glazier Wilhelm Weini, sold the property to the City of Turku in 1909. There has been a museum in the house since 1958.