The library’s wireless network
- The library’s wireless network is Turku-Open.
- You can access the network by logging in with a public username and password (new password monthly).
- You will find the username and the password at the information desks.
Reservations for digitizing
- Main Library, tel. +358 (0)2 2620 658
- Ilpoinen library, tel. +358 (0)2 2620 764
- Varissuo library, tel. +358 (0)2 2620 777
- Music room (in Finnish)
The library offers much more than just books, magazines and music. Check out our wide selection of services!
- In the music department of the Main Library it is possible to digitize VHS tapes, LP records, compact cassettes, slides and photos.
- In the News Area you can use a 3D printer and an electronic magnifying device.
It is possible to borrow musical instruments at the Main Library's music department. The instruments must also be returned to the music department. The loan period is 14 days.
- 3 concert ukuleles
- steel-string guitar
- nylon string guitar
- tenor ukulele
- 3 five-string kantele instruments
- In the instrument playing room of the Main Library you can play the piano, electric piano, or your own instrument free of charge.
- Make a reservation with your library card at the music department.
Load your bus card
- A Turku Region Public Transport bus card can be loaded at the reception desk of the Main Library and at Monitori in Skanssi. Cash and cards are both accepted.
- A library card functions also as a Culture Card with which you can get benefits and offers as well as topical information about the rich selection of culture in the City of Turku
Borrow a bike or an energy consumption meter
- It is possible to borrow a bike or an e-bike from the reception of the Main Library during summertime.
- Energy consumption meters and step counters can be borrowed from the Non-Fiction departmen. Step counters are available also in Runosmäki and Varissuo libraries as well as in mobile libraries.
- A folder for citizens’ initiatives at the News Square (Uutistori) of the Main Library offers an easy way of exploring citizens’ initiatives and leaving statements of support in paper form. The library supports citizens’ participation and civil activity also by offering space for petitions.
- To collect names you will need permission from the Library Services Director.
Printing and copying
- A4, black and white, 0,20 €
- A3 and colour, 0,20 €
- Vaski plastic bag, 2 €
- Vaski fiber bag, 2 €
- Paper bag, 0,50 €
- Postcards, 1-2 €
- Memory game, 15 €
- The library of our dreams (book about Turku Main Library), 32 €