Accompaniment Card for sports and culture
The Accompaniment Card makes it easier for a person with a disability or a chronic disease to exercise and experience culture. The card entitles one person to free admission to accompany or assist the card holder.
Use of the Accompaniment Card
- The card is valid for up to five years
- Upon request, the cardholder must provide proof of identity
- The card holder is responsible for selecting the assistant and the assistant’s competence for the task. In public changing rooms, the assistant must be of the same sex.
- Two cards may be issued to persons with severe disabilities who have a legitimate need for two assistants.
- The Disability Card issued by Kela with the letter A entitles one person accompanying/assisting the card holder to free admission to the sports facilities in the City of Turku on the same basis as the Accompaniment Card.
- Learn more about the EU Disability Card
Where you can use the Accompaniment Card in Turku
When purchasing a ticket, please mention the Accompaniment Card, your assistant and any assistive device you may have.
- FC Inter (home games at Veritas Stadium)
- FC TPS (Veikkausliiga’s home games)
- HC TPS (home games tickets, not season tickets, tickets for sale on the day of the match)
- Impivaara Swimming Centre and Gym
- Samppalinna Outdoor Swimming Stadiums
- Kupittaan Sports Hall and Gym (accessible through bowling alley)
- Paattinen gym
- Park field (upon arrival contact with the field manager who will open the gate, tel. +358 (0)50 431 0016)
- Petrelius Swimming Hall and Gym
- Tuto Hockey (A free ticket for a person accompanying the card holder from Marli Arena ticket sales on the day of the game as long as there is room in the hall.
- Varissuo Ice Hall gym
Cultural attractions, theatres, concerts, etc.
- Pharmacy Museum and Qwensel House
- AB Dance Company (Aurinkobaletti)
- Chamber Choir Key Ensemble (own concerts)
- Kurala village
- Theatre Linnateatteri
- Luostarinmäki Handicrafts Museum
- Dance Theatre ERI
- Theatre Tehdasteatteri Manilla (for own productions)
- Biological Museum
- Turku Philharmonic Orchestra (Concerts and other events at the concert hall. Both clients in wheelchairs and persons with an Accompaniment Card can redeem tickets for events with a 50% discount on the normal price.)
- Turku and Kaarina parish union events
- Turku City Theatre (own shows, purchase of tickets: Hallin Lippis, tel. +358 (0)2 262 0030)
- (Turku City Theatre: With the Accompaniment Card, a discount of 50% on normal ticket prices. The assistant can also redeem a 50% discount on normal-priced tickets.)
- Turku Castle
- Youth theatre Turun Nuori Teatteri
- Turku Art Museum
- A water bus trip to Vepsä. The vessel M/S Lily is best suited for people with reduced mobility See more information about scheduled service
- Wäinö Aaltonen Museum of Art
- Åbo svenska teater(theatre ticket with the Accompaniment Card €1)