BOOKING VACCINATION APPOINTMENTS
- If you are over 70 and have not received a vaccination appointment time by text message or you only have a landline phone, please book your vaccination appointment through eHealth services (eTerveyspalvelut) or by calling the COVID-19 vaccination helpline.
BOOKING VACCINATION APPOINTMENTS to change a preexcisting time
New time slots
- Form in Finnish, Swedish version on the Swedish page
Book a vaccination appointment by phone: City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (on weekdays from 8 am to 2 pm)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Vaccination is voluntary and free of charge.
- Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirusvaccinations
Online booking to changing a preexcisting time
- Form in Finnish, Swedish version on the Swedish page
VACCINATION ORDER RECOMMENDED BY THL:
- If you are over 70 and have not received a vaccination appointment time by text message or you only have a landline phone, please book your vaccination appointment through eHealth services (eTerveyspalvelut) or by calling the COVID-19 vaccination helpline. Read more
- The first vaccination round in City of Turku care units, the City of Turku home care and private care units has been completed. The second dose will be given 12 weeks after the first dose.
- People aged over 70, customers of home care and residents of care units will receive Astra Zeneca Vaccine, Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine or Moderna vaccine. Turku continues following national guidelines and Astra Zeneca is now given to people older than 65 years. The other dose is always given with the same vaccine.
- NB! People over 65 years of age who have previously had cerebral venous thrombosis, or sinus thrombosis, or heparin induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) should book their time slots by phone. A history of cerebral infarction, cerebral haemorrhage, or subarachnoid haemorrhage is not a barrier to vaccine administration. A previous history of pulmonary embolism or deep vein thrombosis, such as in the lower extremities, is also not a barrier to the administration of AstraZeneca.
- People aged over 70 and family caregivers living in the same household or the spouse of the elderly person can be vaccinated but they have to book their own times. tha date may not necessarily be the same.
When will I be considered to belong to the age group of people over 70?
Your age group is determined on the basis of the day – not year – you were born. For instance, on the day you turn 70 you will belong to the age group of people over 70. The booster dose will always be the same type of vaccine that was used for the first dose.
Vaccination times will be send via text message: text messages have been sent
What to do when you get the text message:
- You don’t need to respond to the message. You only need to arrive at Turku Fair Center at the time of your appointment.
- The Text message looks like this (in Finnish or in Swedish): "Sinulle on automaattisesti varattu aika ensimmäiselle koronarokotteelle xx.xx.21 klo xx.xx, Rokottaja x, Messukeskukseen, Messukentänkatu 9-13, bussilinja 100. Ajan voi perua tai siirtää.... jne."
The text message comes from a phone number with the name “Turku”.
The City of Turku never asks municipal residents to give their banking credentials, usernames or pin codes.
- If you are over 70 years old and have not received a vaccination appointment time by text message or you only have a landline phone, please book your vaccination appointment through eHealth services (eTerveyspalvelut) or by calling the COVID-19 vaccination helpline.
If you are not sure which phone number has been registered for you in the patient information system, you can check this by logging into eHealth services at www.turku.fi/eterveyspalvelut
- People aged over 70 and family caregivers living in the same household or the spouse of the elderly person (70 years or older) can be vaccinated but they have to book their own times. It is not possible to book a shared time slot for two persons of the same age living in the same household.
Cancelling the appointment booked for you
If the time of vaccination appointment offered to you by SMS is not suitable and you need to cancel it, you can choose one of these two methods:
- Through eHealth services at turku.fi/eterveyspalvelut 24 hours before the appointment at the latest. Strong identification with online banking credentials is required.
- By calling the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm). Please leave a voice mail message including your name, date of birth and the vaccination appointment you wish to cancel. You can call 24/7 to leave a voice mail message.
After cancellation, a person aged 70 can book a new vaccination appointment at https://www.turku.fi/en/coronavirusvaccinations or they can call the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159, open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm.
If you would like to cancel the vaccination appointment on behalf of your close one aged 70 or change the time of their appointment, you can do this through eHealth services but an agreement on handling affairs on behalf of another person must be made first. More information: turku.fi/eterveyspalvelut.
Vaccination point in Turku is Turku Fair Center
- You can arrive at Turku Fair Center (Messukentänkatu 9–13) by bus or with your own car. Turku Fair Center has plenty of free parking spaces.
- Vaccination transport on line 100 operates on weekdays from 12 February to 30 June 2021 between Turku Fair Center and the city centre. More info: Take line 100 to access coronavirus vaccinations
What do I have to take into consideration when I arrive at Turku Fair Center?
- Only come for your vaccination if you are well.
- Keep safety distances and maintain good hand hygiene.
- Wear a face mask both upon arrival and inside Turku Fair Center.
- Arrive as punctually as possible (you can get inside exactly 15 minutes before your appointment, not earlier)
- Bring your Kela card with you.
- Wear a shirt that you can easily take off.
- Be prepared to stay at the vaccination site for approximately 15 minutes after vaccination.
Safety measures against coronavirus must continue even after vaccination
- After vaccination, the customer receives patient instructions on what to do after vaccination and who to contact in case of problems.
- At the time of the first dose, the patient is informed about the timing of the second dose.
- Even after you have been vaccinated, it is important to keep a safety distance, wear a mask, take care of hand and coughing hygiene, get tested when experiencing symptoms and follow other regulations to prevent the spreading of coronavirus.