Solar panels on the roof of DataCity in Turku, by City of Turku
The Turku region counts over 700 circular economy actors, including close to 300 businesses. These actors are already contributing to a more Circular Turku.
You can learn more about Turku’s existing circular economy efforts in the report:
Circular Turku: A blueprint for local governments to kick start the circular economy transition, by ICLEI and City of Turku.
The report features the following case studies which look in depth at the success factors that allowed several initiatives in Turku to become front-running circular examples:
- Multi-Stakeholder collaboration for a Circular Turku
- Increasing the circularity ambitions of regional waste management with Lounais-Suomen Jätehuolto Oy
- From extraction to resource recovery, a systemic water concept in Turku
- Smart chemistry park: An industrial symbiosis project to redesign the chemistry sector
- Supporting circular food systems through public procurement
- Laying the foundations of a circular construction industry