What to do if you suspect having caught the coronavirus infection
The helpline is open on weekdays from 8 am to 3 pm. The helpline is intended for Turku residents and provides advice related to coronavirus. There is a callback service.
Helpline is available between 8 am and 3 pm from Monday to Thursday and between 8 am and 12 pm (noon) on Friday. Calls are taken by nurses in school and student health care.
They provide guidance and instructions in matters related to coronavirus. When necessary,they also provide referrals for coronavirus testing. The service is intended for pupils in basic education, upper secondary school students and students in vocational institutions and universities of applied sciences. In other matters related to health and wellbeing, please contact the school nurse of your school.
Translation may not be 100% accurate of the original content.
INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES
If you have symptoms matching respiratory tract infection or you suspect coronavirus infection, it is important to get tested for coronavirus. Please only select one of the two options below, as the personnel of Turku health stations handles contact requests coming through both channels in order of receipt.
- Complete an assessment of symptoms for coronavirus online using the Omaolo service. Wait until you are contacted through the service.
- You can complete an online assessment of your symptoms at any time. You will be contacted through the Omaolo service on weekdays between 8 am and 3:30 pm.
- When necessary, you will be given a referral and a time slot through Omaolo to get tested for coronavirus.
People aged under 16
The Omaolo service provides instructions on how to complete the symptom assessment. Data of children cannot be sent through the Omaolo service for professionals to assess. If Omaolo recommends a child under 16 years of age to get tested or to go to emergency services, please call the coronavirus helpline tel. +358 2 266 2714. People aged over 10 but under 18 will be notified about their coronavirus test results by contacting the number they have indicated in the patient information system.
- the coronavirus helpline of the City of Turku, tel. +358 2 266 2714
- joint emergency services of the Turku region, tel. +358 2 313 8800
The health care professionals will interview you, evaluate the situation and give further instructions over the phone. Please note that the coronavirus helpline is often busy.
Where to get tested?
- Tykslab units
- Majanummi facility in Varissuo (Mon-Fri 10 am - 1 pm)