Vaccination statistics in Turku on 3 May 2021: 58 978 Turku residents (35,0% overall) have received the first vaccine dose and 8553 Turku residents have received both doses.
Latest information about City of Turku COVID-19 vaccinations will be updated on this page. (Updated on 7.5.2021)
Booking vaccination appointments
People over 56 years and people who belong to a medical risk group 1 or 2 (18-69) can book online here
Book by phone (Finnish, Swedish, English):
City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (on weekdays from 8 am to 2 pm)
- If you are aged between 16 and 17 and belong to a medical risk group you have to book your time by telephone.
- Robot sends residents aged 55 COVID-19 vaccination appointments by SMS.
Cancelling the appointment
If the time of vaccination appointment is not suitable and you need to cancel it, you can choose one of these two methods:
- By calling the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm). Leave a voice mail message including your name, date of birth and the vaccination appointment you wish to cancel. You can call 24/7 to leave a voice mail message.
After cancellation, can you book a new vaccination appointment online or you can call the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159, open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm. If you have cancelled a time for second dose you have to book a new time by phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Vaccination is voluntary and free of charge.
- Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirusvaccinations
- Take line 100 to access coronavirus vaccinations
- This week the City of Turku has launched a new site where Turku residents over the age of 18 and those living in Turku can register for getting their first COVID-19 vaccine. The appointments are sent via SMS in May-August 2021, starting from the oldest age group. Register to get vaccinated for COVID-19 – City of Turku
- This week we are vacciating people over 56 and people belonging to the 1. and 2. medical risk group. Booking vaccination appointments is open for people aged over 56 and the 1. and 2. medical risk group aged 16-69.
- Robot sends residents aged 55 COVID-19 vaccination appointments by SMS. If you are between 56 and 59and have not gotten a COVID-19 vaccination appointment by SMS, please book yourself an appointment online at myvaccine.turku.fi or call the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159. (on weekdays from 8 am to 2 pm)
- All time slots in online booking are with mRNA vaccines (Comiarty or Moderna vaccine). For people over the age of 65, the second dose is always administered with the same vaccine as the first dose.If you are under the age of 65, belong to a risk group, and received the AstraZeneca vaccination as your first dose, your second dose will be the Comirnaty or Moderna vaccine.
- The current understanding is that the immunity after COVID-19 lasts for 6 months, so the coronavirus vaccination is not recommended until at least six months after the infection.
Select your age group below to find more information about COVID-19 vaccinations:
- people aged between 18 and 69 who belong to a medical risk group 1 (New time slots)
- people aged between 16 and 17 who belong to a medical risk group 1 (New time slots)
- people aged between 18 and 69 who belong to a medical risk group 2 (New time slots)
- people aged between 16 and 17 who belong to a medical risk group 2 (New time slots)
- people aged over 65 (New time slots)
- people aged 60-64 (New time slots)
- people aged between 55 and 59 (vaccination appointments by SMS)
- Turku residents over the age of 18 and those living in Turku
- Coronavirus vaccinations for social and health care professionals
How vaccinations will proceed in Turku
Timetable updated 6.5.2021
|Groups to be vaccinated||Schedule|
|Staff and residents of housing services for the elderly and units of institutional care||The second vaccination round ongoing|
|Customers of home care||The second vaccination round ongoing|
|Social and health care professionals working in tasks related to coronavirus||The second vaccination round ongoing|
|Critical professionals working in social and health care||Ongoing|
|Groups to be vaccinated||Schedule|
|People aged 65 or older||Ongoing|
|People aged between 56 and 64||Vaccination appointments by SMS to people aged 55|
|Medical risk groups 1. (16-69 years)||Ongoing|
|Medical risk groups 2. (16-69 years)||Ongoing|
|Extensive vaccination of the population||New website for registration will open on the week 18|