Vaccination statistics in Turku on 18 October 2021: 150 262 Turku residents (76,3 % overall) have received the first vaccine dose and 126 054 (64,1 % overall) Turku residents have received both doses. COVID-19 VaccKorinations in Finland, Finnish institute for heath and welfare (THL)
The latest information about City of Turku COVID-19 vaccinations will be updated on this page. (Updated on 18.10.2021)
Vaccination appointments can be booked in three different ways:
Canceling the appointment
If the time of vaccination appointment is not suitable and you need to cancel it, you can choose one of these two methods:
- By calling the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm). Leave a voice mail message including your name, date of birth, and the vaccination appointment you wish to cancel. You can call 24/7 to leave a voice mail message.
After cancellation, can you book a new vaccination appointment online or you can call the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159, open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm. If you have canceled a time for the second dose you have to book a new time by phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Vaccination is voluntary and free of charge.
- Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirusvaccinations
All pop-up vaccination events in Turku on the same page Pop up corona vaccinations events in Turku. Pop-up vaccination events are intended for those in need of their first vaccination.
The coronavirus vaccination reception (Satakunnantie 105) starts to vaccinate people who are getting their second dose of vaccine on 13 September. The reception vaccinates people who are getting their first dose of vaccine and who lives in Turku Monday to Friday from 8:45 to 15:15.
The City of Turku school health care has carried out vaccinations for all willing schoolchildren aged 12 to 15 by the end of August.
Unvaccinated minors and schoolchildren that are turning 12 will be able to reserve a vaccination appointment at the Vaccination Reception (Satakunnantie 105) or participate in pop-up coronavirus vaccination events all around the city.
If you have already received a vaccination appointment through your occupational health care services or eTerveyspalvelut, remember to delete your registration on the vaccination queue at myvaccine.turku.fi. If you have already been given an appointment, you can cancel it via the eHealthservices or by phone. This way we can use all the time slots available
According to the THL guideline, the 12-week interval between doses of the mRNA vaccine may be shortened at local discretion if vaccine availability in the area is sufficient and shortening the dosing interval does not delay anyone else from receiving their first dose. Those who have previously received a vaccination appointment according to the 12-week interval can shorten the interval period to six weeks from September 2nd (week 35) onward. New appointments will become available for booking at eTerveyspalvelut today (2.9.2021). In addition, Pop-up vaccination events will also be organised during the coming fall and those seeking their 2nd dose can attend as well.
- All first doses are with mRNA vaccines (Comirnaty or Moderna vaccine).
- The coronavirus infection provides protection for about 6 months. It is recommended that the COVID-19 vaccine be administered about 6 months after the infection is diagnosed unless the person's health condition requires earlier vaccination.
Translations of all the text messages that myvaccine.turku.fi sends you after you have registered (in 15 languages) can be found here: Translations to all the text messages myvaccine.turku.fi site sends
Second vaccine dose details (Where you can check your appointment, what to do if you have been given AstraZeneca as the first dose or you have gotten your first dose somewhere else than Turku)
Location for the vaccination
- From 16 August, 2021 the location for the vaccines will be Satakunnantie 105.
- Easy to get by a bus: Föli lines 2, 2A, 2B, 2C, 6, 7, 60, 88, 206, 300, 301, 302 and 303
- Restrected amount of free parking spaces.
What do I have to take into consideration when I arrive to the vaccination?
- Only come for your vaccination if you are well.
- Keep safety distances and maintain good hand hygiene.
- Wear a face mask
- Arrive as punctually as possible (you can get inside exactly 15 minutes before your appointment, not earlier)
- Bring your Kela card with you.
- Wear a shirt that you can easily take off.
- Be prepared to stay at the vaccination site for approximately 15 minutes after vaccination.
Safety measures against coronavirus must continue even after vaccination
- After vaccination, the customer receives patient instructions on what to do after vaccination and who to contact in case of problems.
- At the time of the first dose, the patient is informed about the timing of the second dose.
- Even after you have been vaccinated, it is important to keep a safety distance, wear a mask, take care of hand and coughing hygiene, get tested when experiencing symptoms, and follow other regulations to prevent the spreading of coronavirus.
Further information about coronavirus vaccinations:
- Coronavirus and vaccine candidates (STM)
- Vaccines and coronavirus (THL)
- Fimea: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus epidemic in 2021 (The Hospital District of Southwest Finland)
How vaccinations will proceed in Turku