Vaccination statistics in Turku on 14th June 2021: 93 059 Turku residents (55,2% overall) have received the first vaccine dose and 30 418 (18,1% overall) Turku residents have received both doses.
Latest information about City of Turku COVID-19 vaccinations will be updated on this page. (Updated on 16.6.2021)
Vaccination appointments can be booked in three different ways:
- PLEASE NOTE! If you are aged between 16 and 17 you have to book your time by telephone.
Canceling the appointment
If the time of vaccination appointment is not suitable and you need to cancel it, you can choose one of these two methods:
- By calling the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm). Leave a voice mail message including your name, date of birth and the vaccination appointment you wish to cancel. You can call 24/7 to leave a voice mail message.
After cancellation, can you book a new vaccination appointment online or you can call the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159, open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm. If you have cancelled a time for second dose you have to book a new time by phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Vaccination is voluntary and free of charge.
- Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirusvaccinations
- COVID-19 vaccinations are given in Turku to people over 16 years old. More information about COVID-19 vaccinations to 16-17 years old.
- If you have already received a vaccination appointment through your occupational health care services, remember to delete your registration on the vaccination queue at myvaccine.turku.fi. If you have already been given an appointment, you can cancel it via the eHealthservices or by phone. This way we can use all the time slots available.
- All first doses are with mRNA vaccines (Comirnaty or Moderna vaccine).
- The coronavirus infection provides protection for about 6 months. It is recommended that the COVID-19 vaccine be administered about 6 months after the infection is diagnosed unless the person's health condition requires earlier vaccination.
Vaccination point in Turku is Turku Fair Center
- You can arrive at Turku Fair Center (Messukentänkatu 9–13) by bus or with your own car. Turku Fair Center has plenty of free parking spaces.
- Vaccination transport on line 100 operates on weekdays from 12 February to 30 June 2021 between Turku Fair Center and the city centre. More info: Take line 100 to access coronavirus vaccinations
What do I have to take into consideration when I arrive at Turku Fair Center?
- Only come for your vaccination if you are well.
- Keep safety distances and maintain good hand hygiene.
- Wear a face mask both upon arrival and inside Turku Fair Center.
- Arrive as punctually as possible (you can get inside exactly 15 minutes before your appointment, not earlier)
- Bring your Kela card with you.
- Wear a shirt that you can easily take off.
- Be prepared to stay at the vaccination site for approximately 15 minutes after vaccination.
Safety measures against coronavirus must continue even after vaccination
- After vaccination, the customer receives patient instructions on what to do after vaccination and who to contact in case of problems.
- At the time of the first dose, the patient is informed about the timing of the second dose.
- Even after you have been vaccinated, it is important to keep a safety distance, wear a mask, take care of hand and coughing hygiene, get tested when experiencing symptoms and follow other regulations to prevent the spreading of coronavirus.
Further information about coronavirus vaccinations:
- Coronavirus and vaccine candidates (STM)
- Vaccines and coronavirus (THL)
- Fimea: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus epidemic in 2021 (The Hospital District of Southwest Finland)