Sports for Immigrants
Immigrants are welcome to use all services organized by the Sports Services Centre. All Turku residents can also participate in multicultural activities. Gym, swimming and ball sports are offered seperately to men and women.
Participation at half price for immigrants who have lived in Turku for less than three years (i.e. are covered by the Act on the Integration of Immigrants), or are participating in KOTO activities.
Spring season: Sat 7 Januari – Sun 21 May
Children and young people
Multicultural sports and exercise clubsExercise clubs for girls
- 10–16-year-olds on Wednesdays 16–18 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- on Tuesdays For Girls! 16-17.30 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- on Tuesdays 17.30-19 Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- on Wednesdays 18-20 Pallivahan koulu, Paltankatu 4
- on Thursday 19-21 Aurajoen koulu,
- on Saturdays 18-20 Aunelan palloiluhalli, Opintie 4
Meant for 1–12-year-olds with their parents, on Sundays 17.00–19.00
Adults and familieslatin dance for women
- on Tuesdays at 17.15-18.15 Yhdessä yhdistys Runosmäki, Munterinkatu 15 (Piiparintori). Free and you don´t need to sign up. Lisätiedot: puh. 040 188 1261, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women on Fridays: (days will be updated during the week 2) at 13.00–15.00, Kupittaa bowling hall, Kupittaankuja 1
- on Tuesdays Sep 3 -Dec 3 at 17-18.15 Pansion school, Pernontie 27
- on Wednesdays Heb 2–May 4 2022 at 19–21, Varissuo school, Kuopuksenpolku 1
- on Sundays: September 9- December 9 2021 at 20-22, Hannunniittu school, Virmuntie 3
- on Thursdays: Sep 9– Dec 9 at 14-15.30 2019, Varissuo ice hall gym, entry via Suurpäänkatu 2
- on Tuesdays 13.30–15.00, Kupittaa sports hall charter gym, Tahkokuja 5
- on Thursdays 15.30-17.00, Varissuo ice hall gym, entry via Suurpäänkatu 2
Prices: the price list of Sports Services is belowSwimming
Petrelius swimming hall, Ruiskatu 2
- Women on Saturdays Jan 7 – May 20, 16.00–19
- Men on Sundays Jan 8 – May 21, 16.00–19
Please note! Normal swimming hall entry fees and series tickets/wristbands are in use during men’s and women’s time slots.
Life guards are of the same sex as the group.
Petrelius Swimmin Hall, Ruiskatu 2
- Women on Saturdays: March 18 - May 20, 16.30–17.15
- Men on Sundays: March 19 – May 21, 16.00-16.45
The 70€ course fee should be paid during the first time.
Sign up by 13 March : Minna Inkinen
5 times cycling course
Place: At Clay court between Kupittaa Paviljong and Kupittaa Sports Hall.
Sign up or more information: email@example.com