Kupittaa Sports Centre
Kupittaa Sports Centre is located 2 km southwest of the city centre. The sports centre is part of the Kupittaa park area which is the biggest, oldest and widest city park in Finland.
The ball game fields are the most prominent aspect of the sports area. At the Kupittaa Sports Centre there are many areas for exercising (no reservations) such as street basket ball courts, beach volleyball courts, outdoor gym devices, a skateboarding area, a BMX track, an ice skating rink ('luistelumato'), as well as Panna soccer and multifunctional arenas.
Additionally, the centre also has a cycling velodrome, pentaque courts, and 20 orienteering control points.
In the park there are many green fields for ball games and other activities. The center of the park is the popular Kupittaa outdoor swimming pool which is open during the summer.
Exercise areas at the Kupittaa Sports Centre
- 7 grass pitches (Kupittaa 1, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
- 2 artificial grass pitches (Kupittaa 2 and Kupittaa 5)
- 1 gravel pitch
- 3 baseball fields (Kupittaan kivituhkapesäpallokenttä 1 and 2, Kupittaan pesäpallostadion)
- 6 Pentaque fields (Kupittaan petankkikenttä 1-6)
- 2 beach volley pitches (Kupittaa beach volley -kenttä 1 and 2)
- a multifunctional arena
- a street basketball area
- a Panna soccer arena
- a BMX track
- an ice skating / rollerskating ring ('luistelumato')
- a skateboarding area
- a velodrome
- 20 orienteering control points (Orienteering maps can be bought from the Turun Suunnistajan shop.)
- outdoor gym devices
- an outdoor swimming pool
- a sports hall with a gym
- a bowling track
- a shooting range