Turku's Sports Park is situated at the city center along the east bank of the Aurajoki river. The area is not just for sports and exercise, but the park is also a substantial recreational area with cultural and historical value.
The Sports Park is used by a variety of sports teams and clubs as well as by individual athletes. The sports facilities are meant for both exercise and competition use.
Facilities at the Sports Park:
- Paavo Nurmi stadium (track and field stadium)
- 1 artificial grass pitch (upper and mid-lower fields)
- 2 gravel pitches / natural ice rinks
- 5 tennis courts (Urheilupuiston tenniskentää 1-5)
- 2 basketball courts (Urheilupuiston koripallokenttä 1-2)
- 5 beach volley pitches (Urheilupuiston beach volley -kenttä 1-5)
- a frisbeegolf track
- a jogging track
- outdoor gym devices
- an outdoor exercise area for seniors "Unelmien kannas"
- Olympiasauna (for afternoon club activities)
Sports Park on the map
Paavo Nurmen Puistotie 11