Family Day Care
In addition to municipal family day care, there is also private family day care which is monitored by the municipality.
Group family day care is suitable for children aged 1 to 5 years. In group family day care two childminders look after a maximum of eight children.
Also a person who is hired by a family as a nanny to look after the child at the family’s home is considered to provide private day care. The nanny can be a grandparent, for example, but not a member of the same household.
Applying and financial support
Apply for municipal day care with a day care application form. In municipal day care the fee is determined by income so that the maximum fee is 295 €.
To apply for group family day care and family day care that operate with private day care allowance, please contact the place of care directly.
- The prerequisites for receiving private day care allowance are that the child is under school age and does not have a place in municipal day care.
- A family residing in Turku gets municipal allowance in addition to private day care allowance.
- In Turku the service voucher is in use in private day care and private preschools.
Additional information in Finnish:
- Customer guidance, tel. +358 (0)2 262 5610 on weekdays 9.00am–15.00pm (on Wednesdays 9.00am - 12.00am)
- The Early Childhood education Chat