Up-to-date information on corona: www.turku.fi/en/corona
ELDERLY PERSON, DO YOU NEED HELP?
Through the phone service, you will receive guidance and counselling if you or your next of kin have worries about some daily life. Your call will be taken by service counsellor who helps you find the right services. You can also leave a contact request, in which case you will be called back.
- service in Finnish: +358 2 262 6164, 9 am–3 pm
- service in Swedish, svenskspråkig tjänst: +358 2 262 6174, 9 am–12 noon on weekdays
- Open the chat service
- Make a contact request
Palvelun tarjoaa asiakasneuvonta.fi, johon on koottu ikäihmisten ja omaishoitajien palvelut koko Varsinais-Suomen alueelta.
Meal service and help for running errands in shops and at the pharmacy
Packed meals will be delivered to meal service customers who live in welfare centers.
If you are not a customer of home care and you need meal service with home delivery, please contact
- Seniors’ helpline, tel. +358 2 262 6164, on weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm
City of Turku grocery shopping help service
The service is intended for all Turku residents who cannot go to the grocery store because of the situation caused by coronavirus and have not been able to order items through online services, for instance. You can access grocery help through the municipal KomPAssi service by phone or online. After the initial contact, the customer will receive a call and they can list the groceries they need. The city will initially pay for the groceries and invoice the customer later. The time of the next grocery shopping service also be agreed on the phone.
Grocery shopping help service
KomPAssi – Customer service and counselling for the elderly in Southwest Finland:
- service in Finnish: +358 2 262 6164 (on weekdays 9 am–3 pm)
- service in Swedish: tel. +358 2 262 6174 (on weekdays 9 am–12 noon)
- You can also leave a contact request in which case you will be called back: www.asiakasneuvonta.fi/fi/yhteydenottopyynto
- Alternatively, send a message via chat service at asiakasneuvonta.fi on weekdays from 9 am to 3 pm.
For the time being, the grocery shopping service is free of charge. The shopping list may include food items and hygiene products. Frozen food, alcohol products, tobacco products or lottery tickets cannot be delivered. If an item is not available, it will be replaced by an item that is as similar as possible.
Also many pharmacies offer online services where you can order your home delivery for your medications.
Support for informal care
Service number for informal care +358 2 262 6777
- Mon, Tue, Thu and Fri from 9 am to 11 am
- Wed from 1 pm to 3 pm
Events and things to do online
Tips for exercise, recordings of concerts, theatre and other events are available online. Virtual events can be accessed from home.