Facilities in Kupittaa Outdoor Swimming Arena
The water temperature in all pools is 26 degrees Celsius.
- approx. 50 x 25 m
- The pool gets steadily deeper from 0.3 to 1.4 metres and then stays at the depth of 1.8 m for about 25 metres.
- No track ropes.
- This pool is free for swimming/playing, and it is also great for aqua jogging before midday.
- Aqua aerobics are held at this pool; for further information, please see Aqua Aerobics at Outdoor Swimming Pools
Fitness swimming pool
- approx. 25 x 25 m
- Depth is 1.8 metres throughout the pool
- 3–4 tracks for fitness swimming and 1–2 tracks for aqua jogging
- Fitness swimming and aqua jogging tracks are only meant for fitness training
- Depth 0.6–0.9 metres
- Divided in two with a screen
- A small slide lands in the pool; the slide is meant for under 7-year-olds
- Depth approx. 20 cm
- Always open.
- No separate fees.
- Recommended minimum age: 5 years.
- Children unable to swim can use the slide under the supervision of their guardians Separate instructions can be found at the foot of the slide.
- Length: 14 m
Own equipment / equipment that can be borrowed
- Aqua jogging belts can be borrowed from next to the surveillance post.
- The belts are meant only for aqua jogging, not as swimming aids.
- Children’s swimming aids can be borrowed from the side of the maintenance building.
- You can also bring your own, clean aqua jogging belts, swimming aids, or small water toys.
Dressing rooms, showers, toilets, and lockers
- Approx. 10 dressing stalls can be found on the long side of the building.
- 10 showers, 1 indoor shower. The showering water is warm.
- Remember to wash up in the shower before going into the water!
- The lockers can be operated with 50c coins.
- There are three toilets in women’s bathroom, and two toilets plus two urinals in men’s bathroom.
- Taking care of a baby: in the accessible toilet there is a small potty, handheld shower, and a separate surface for taking care of a baby.
- One accessible dressing room + shower.
- One accessible toilet.