Student Health Care
The centralised coronavirus helpline of school and student health care, tel. +358 2 266 2012
- Helpline is available between 8 am and 3 pm from Monday to Thursday and between 8 am and 12 pm (noon) on Friday. Calls are taken by nurses in school and student health care.
They provide guidance and instructions in matters related to coronavirus. When necessary, they also provide referrals for coronavirus testing. The service is intended for pupils in basic education, upper secondary school students and students in vocational institutions and universities of applied sciences. In other matters related to health and wellbeing, please contact the school nurse of your school.
Please note that at Student Health Care you cannot be seen by a nurse or a doctor without first booking an appointment by phone due to the current situation with coronavirus COVID-19. For further information please call 02 266 1570.
- Locations of Student Health Care facilities (in finnish)
Partners in co-operation
- The Finnish Association for Mental Health
- Turun kriisikeskus (Turku crisis centre, in Finnish)
- The Federation of Mother and Child Homes and Shelters
Student Health Care provides health care services for students studying in upper secondary vocational institutions or Turku University of Applied Sciences. The services are meant for students in lines of study which entitle student financial aid, with the following exceptions:
- Local health centers answer for the student health care of the Salo unit of the Turku University of Applied Sciences
- Student health care for students studying in the University of Turku and in Åbo Akademi is organized by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS).
Student Health Care actively influences the studying environment and supports students in maintaining their ability to study, conducting self-care, having adequate life management skills as well as in reaching and maintaining their ability to function.
Doctors’ and nurses’ appointments are free of charge.