Family and social services for immigrants

As an immigrant, you can receive family and social services from the City of Turku like all other Turku residents. The initial social services provide guidance when you need information about social services in general. The initial social services can also help you with applying for supplementary and preventive social assistance (financial aid).

Initial social services

  • Matters related to booking an appointment with social services,
  • financial difficulties,
  • difficulties in everyday life,
  • addiction problems,
  • other challenges in life.

Are you an immigrant with a refugee background?

After arriving in Finland, you will receive social services from the Immigrant Office for three years, if:

  • you an immigrant with a refugee background and you have received a residence permit,
  • you are residing in Turku and
  • you have lived in Finland for less than three years.