Today, cycling is as important a mode of travel in Turku as public transport. More than 90 % of Turku residents live less than a 30-minute bike ride from the Market Square. The importance on cycling will be further emphasized in the congested urban transport of the future. The ecology and health benefits of cycling area also a key motive for cycling.
The City of Turku encourages cycling by providing a wide range of services for cyclists.
- Bicycle routes, parking and other mobility services on map
- Learn more about bicycle routes in Turku area
Turku city bikes, also known as fölläri bikes, are entering the streets again in the summer of 2022 with bicycles from a new equipment supplier. There will be 700 wheels and about 70 bike stations, so the system will expand considerably.
Charging electric bikes
Electric bikes can be charged free of charge in the charging cabinet at the Turku bus station. The battery of the electric bike can be charged using the Latauspolku- application in your phone. Your own separate charger must be included for charging.
The city has started an experiment with bike service points. Service points will have tools and a wheel pump. The bike can be hung on the brackets of the service point. In the first phase, service points will be installed in six different locations:
- The end of Kauppiaskatu near the Library Bridge.
- Kupittaa field along Uudenmaankatu
- Intersection of Satakunnantie and Tampereentie
- Läntinen Rantakatu at the Vaakahuone
- The turning point of Vanha Hämeentie
- Upcoming bike shed on the Logomo Bridge.
Based on needs and operating experience, the service point network can be expanded later.