Changes to availability during the coronavirus epidemic
For the most part Osaamiskeskus is working remotely and can be reached by phone or online. You can also contact us via Facebook Messenger. You also have the option to take part in our remote Finnish language conversation groups, which are organised via video link.
The staff of Osaamiskeskus is offering advice to entrepreneurs and business owners in different languages, for example for with making applications for financial support.
What do we offer you here at Osaamiskeskus?
- Advice in your own language, including the following: Arabic, Bosnian, Dari, English, Kurdish, Persian and Russian.
- Support in the different phases of your job search, such as help with identifying your individual work skills or help with finding a job.
- Our new ‘Kielikuntosali’, or ‘Language Gym’, is a space where you can improve your Finnish skills either individually or with an adviser – or even with a robot.
- Guidance with studies, such as choosing the right study path or enhancing your study skills.
- Benefit from our wide knowledge on official local employment, schooling and integration services.
- Knowledge of the rules of Finnish working life, as well as support in your first steps into working life.
- New and developing services to help employee integration.
Osaamiskeskus posts updates and news on the Työpiste website as well as on the Osaamiskeskus Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/osaamiskeskus). For our most timely updates we suggest our Työpiste website and Facebook page.
Immigrant’s ‘Osaamiskeskus’ provides job-seeking support for all residents of Turku whose mother-tongue is a language other than Finnish. Among other things, our services include enhancing your job opportunities, and helping you develop your Finnish skills.