Maahanmuuttajien Osaamiskeskus or Immigrants' "know-how-center"
WELCOME DESK AT MONITORI
- guide you to the right services, book an appointment with an advisor, register for language groups or skills mapping
- Mon-Wed from 9 am to 4 pm
- Thur from 10 am to 4 pm
- Fri from 9 am to 3 pm
Booked appointment with an advisor
What do we offer you here at Osaamiskeskus?
Immigrant’s ‘Osaamiskeskus’ provides job-seeking support for all residents of Turku whose mother-tongue is a language other than Finnish. Among other things, our services include enhancing your job opportunities and helping you develop your Finnish skills. The services are part of the new International House Turku services that are under construction.
The staff of Osaamiskeskus is offering advice to entrepreneurs and business owners in different languages, for example for making applications for financial support.
- Check out the International House Turku Facebook page. You can also contact us via Facebook Messenger.
What we offer:
- Support in the different phases of your job search, such as helping with identifying your individual work skills or help with finding a job.
- Guidance with studies, such as choosing the right study path or enhancing your study skills.
- Benefit from our wide knowledge of official local employment, schooling, and integration services.
- Knowledge of the rules of Finnish working life, as well as support in your first steps into working life.
- New and developing services to help employee integration.
- Social advisor
- Help with legal questions
- Help with starting a new business
Webinars and groups
- You have the option to take part in our remote Finnish language conversation groups, which are organized via video link. They are free and you can join in even if they have already started.
Advice in your own language
Including the following languages:
- Bahasa Indonesian