The Finnish Government announced on Monday 4 May the dismantling of some restrictions. The restrictions affected e.g. schools, adult education centres, libraries, cultural institutions, sports facilities, work centres and youth centres..
- More information about the restrictions: Restrictions continue in the City of Turku until 13 May 2020
- More information about the dismantling of restrictions: Turku opens services after new Government policies
The most important services will be guaranteed also under the exceptional circumstances
- In the social and health care services the critical operations have been guaranteed.
- In the schools and day care centres the new practises have been adopted quickly.
- Public transport is operating but there are less lines available. Neither is the cash used.
- The urban city environment is taken care of normally.
- Customer service is provided primary online. You can check the opening hours of customer service points on the office's own page.
- Recreation Division supports and cheers up the residents of Turku with various kinds of online services and activities.
- Outdoor sports facilities were taken back into use on 14 May. The indoor sports venues, swimming pools and beaches maintained by the City of Turku will be opened from Monday, June 1, 2020.
Please read more in the blog of the Mayor of the City of Turku: