School and student health care
Centralised service and service number
Address: Hämeenkatu 10, 4th floor, tel. +358 2 266 1570, Mon–Thu 8 am–4 pm and Fri 8 am–2 pm
- Mental health issues and other special support needs, also new contacts
- Through centralised service, the pupil/student can be directed to psychiatric nurses at schools or to specialized care.
Psychiatric nurses at upper comprehensive schools and upper secondary institutions
Tel. +358 2 266 1570, Mon–Thu 8 am–4 pm and Fri 8 am–2 pm
- Contact through the centralised service number
- Appointments at schools or in the form of distance counselling
- Psychiatric nurse of student health care (primarily for students in universities of applied sciences) is based at the centralised service located in Hämeenkatu 10
Psychiatric support unit of children and adolescent’s outpatient clinic
Address: Itäinen Pitkäkatu 30, tel. +358 2 266 1155
- Young people and their parents can contact the psychiatric support unit for adolescents. In addition, the centralised service of school and student health care can direct the adolescent to this unit.
School social worker and psychologist services
- Contact details of upper comprehensive school social workers, psychologists and guidance counsellors can be found through Wilma and on the websites of schools
- Also the contact details of psychologists at vocational institutions and upper secondary schools can be found through Wilma and on the websites of schools
- When possible, appointments with a psychologist and school social worker are organized as remote counselling sessions, but also face to face appointments are arranged when necessary.
Address: Kunnallissairaalantie 20, building 5, 3rd floor
Psychosocial support helpline (tel. +358 40 619 4361) offers help with mental health issues caused by the corona pandemic.
The Child Upbringing and Family Counselling Clinic supports children aged under 18 and families during the corona pandemic, tel. +358 40 193 7247, Mon–Fri 8:30 am–3:30 pm
In addition to the City of Turku services listed above, the Hospital District of Southwest Finland helps young people with mental health issues on the basis of different stages of care.