- Unvaccinated minors and schoolchildren that are turning 12 will be able to reserve a vaccination appointment at the Vaccination Reception (Satakunnantie 105) or participate in pop-up coronavirus vaccination events all around the city.
BOOKING VACCINATION APPOINTMENTS
1. Book only by phone (Finnish, Swedish, English): City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (on weekdays from 8 am to 2 pm)
2. Book appointment via eTerveyspalvelut (over 16-year-olds)
Consent form in Finnish Huoltajan suostumus nuoren koronarokotukselle
If the young person is unable to make the decision on their care, the consent of the guardians is required for the vaccination decision. Consent forms:
- Suostumuslomake, nuoren koronarokotus (pdf) Finnish
- Vårdnadshavarens samtycke till den ungas coronavaccination (PDF) Swedish
- THL recommends the introduction of COVID-19 vaccinations for young people aged 12–15 who are in the risk group (THL)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The City of Turku school health care has carried out vaccinations for all willing schoolchildren aged 12 to 15 by the end of August.
- Unvaccinated minors and schoolchildren that are turning 12 will be able to reserve a vaccination appointment at the Vaccination Reception (Satakunnantie 105, buses 2A, 2B, 6, 60 and 7, bus stop Varkkavuorenkatu 473) or participate in pop-up coronavirus vaccination events all around the city.
- It is recommended that the guardians fill in a form of consent. If needed, a minor can decide on the vaccination independently if the health care professional giving the vaccination assesses that his/her age and development level allow him/her to decide on the vaccination. If an adolescent is not willing or capable to decide on the vaccination independently, the consent of both guardians is always required for a coronavirus vaccination. you can find the consent form in the info box.
- Children and young people will be offered the BioNTech-Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine or the Moderna Spikevax vaccine. These are the only vaccines currently in use in Finland that are conditionally authorised for use in people 12 years of age or older. Both vaccines are mRNA vaccines.
What needs to be considered when coming to get vaccinated?
- Only come without corona symptoms
- Maintain safety gaps and good hand hygiene
- Use a facemask
- Bring a consent form signed by your guardians
- Take your Kela card with you
- Wear a shirt that is easy to take off
- After the vaccination you should be prepared to wait at the vaccination site for 15 minutes
Safety measures against coronavirus must continue even after vaccination
- After vaccination, the customer receives patient instructions on what to do after vaccination and who to contact in case of problems.
- At the time of the first dose, the patient is informed about the timing of the second dose.
- Even after you have been vaccinated, it is important to keep a safety distance, wear a mask, take care of hand and coughing hygiene, get tested when experiencing symptoms and follow other regulations to prevent the spreading of coronavirus.