BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- Electronically via Health care e-Services
Book the vaccination appointment via the web service.
You can choose either Comirnaty or Moderna. For men under 30, only available vaccine is BioNTech-Pfizers Comirnaty
More appointments open to Health care e-Services in stages.
- Call the coronavirus vaccination helpline
tel. 02 266 0159 (Mon–Fri 8–14)
You cannot book an appointment for the 3rd coronavirus vaccine dose on the Otanrokotteen.turku.fi website.
Vaccinations without appointment
In Turku, vaccination appointments for third coronavirus vaccine doses can be booked electronically in Health care e-Services.
Currently, the main focus in 3rd vaccinations is on vaccinations for the elderly and at risk groups.
Vaccination appointments are not given by text message. Each person entitled to the third vaccine must book an appointment at the Satakunnantie vaccination point. You can also get the vaccine at pop-up vaccination events without an appointment.
A third dose of coronavirus vaccine is currently administered to the following groups:
- people aged 18 or over
- residents in institutions and nursing homes
- people in medical risk groups (Risk groups of coronavirus disease, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare)
- persons with a severely weakened immune system
- persons vaccinated with a short dose interval of less than 6 weeks
- health care personnel who work with coronavirus patients
- personnel of 24-hour care facilities and other social welfare and health care personnel providing urgent care (i.e. critical social welfare and health care personnel to ensure the capacity of health care services).
Dose interval shortened for third coronavirus vaccination
A third vaccine dose is recommended as follows (THL 17 Dec.):
- Those 60 years of age and older, and those in at-risk groups can get a third vaccine dose when 3–4 months have passed from the second vaccination.
- For those under 60 who are not in an at-risk group, the third vaccination dose can be offered 4–6 months after the second dose.
The new recommendation for dosage intervals has been made based on new information on the Omicron variant.
Note the following when booking a vaccination appointment
- The vaccination appointment can be reserved primarily through Health care e-Services or by calling the coronavirus vaccination helpline (tel. +358 (0)2 266 0159 Mon–Fri 8–14. If appointments are not available in Health care e-Services, they can also not be booked via the coronavirus vaccination helpline.
- According to the latest guidelines, the mRNA vaccines used in Finland can be used crosswise. It means that if you have received the 2nd dose of Comirnaty, the 3rd dose may also be given as the Moderna vaccine. You can book either one vaccination times. For men under 30, only available vaccine is BioNTech-Pfizers Comirnaty.
- If your previous vaccine was AstraZenecas vaccine, you can choose Comirnaty or Moderna. People vaccinated in Turku will be offered the BioNTech-Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine or the Moderna Spikevax vaccine.
- Check in advance that the length of the interval between your second and third vaccinations is correct. More about the vaccination interval above.
- More appointments open to Health care e-Services in stages.
- Turku to expand third coronavirus vaccinations to the following groups
- Administration of 3rd coronavirus vaccination to the immunocompromised to begin in Turku
According to the national recommendation, the main focus of vaccinations is on the 1st and 2nd vaccines. Third vaccinations must not slow down the progress of 1st and 2nd vaccinations.