Z-permit parking offers ease and convenience to customers. Guests can pick up and drop off the car independently, and the car can also be rented for short stays.
- Especially in the city centre, shared cars increase opportunities to run errands and move around sustainably, says the city’s designer Jasmin Ekström. Convenient drop-off and retrieval of cars are an important part of their user experience in car sharing, and we hope that parking permits will help city residents find the services of operators, she continues.
Currently, Turku has two car sharing operators with z-permits, 24Rent and Omago, which together offer 18 cars. The z-permit allows parking free of charge and without time limits in resident and business parking permit areas, where parking is indicated by a traffic sign.
In addition, there are a total of five shared car parking points in four different locations in the centre of Turku:
- Verkatehtaankatu 7 / Verkatehtaankatu
- Läntinen Pitkäkatu 26 / Rautatientori (2 spaces)
- Linnankatu 29 / Linnankatu
- Joukahaisenkatu 3 / ICT-city
Parking with a z-permit is based on the license plate number, so there is no need to place the parking permit in the car window. The parking supervisors have electronic information about the permit, which is valid around the clock, seven days a week.