The effects of the strike on library services
- Branch libraries are closed from Wednesday to Friday. Hirvensalo, Ilpoinen, Nummi, Paattinen, Vasaramäki and Yli-Maaria libraries are open for self-service use.
- The Main Library is open from Wednesday to Friday 27-29 Nov. 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM with restricted services: the Reception, the News Area and the Music Department are closed. Library patrons can pick up their reserved material on their own as usual, but no fees are accepted.
- The mobile libraries operate according to their evening schedules:
- On Wednesday 27 Nov. both mobile libraries are in operation according to their normal schedules.
- On Thursday 28 Nov. only mobile library Nr. 2 operates according to its schedule.
- A library book sale is arranged on Thursday 28 Nov. 1:00 PM-6:00 PM at the mobile libraries' depot at Amiraalistonkatu 6.
- On Friday 29 Nov. both mobile libraries operate according to their normal schedules.
There are no book transports between libraries during the strike, which will cause delays in the delivery of reserved materials.
New information on exceptional arrangements will follow.
English version last updated: 27 Nov. 16:21