The Recreation Services of Turku City consists of six service areas of own production as well as the attraction and events area of responsibility:
- Library Services
- Museum Services
- Sports Services
- Youth Services
- Tourism Services
- Turku Philharmonic Orchestra
- Attraction and Events
The tasks of the Recreation Services are:
- to offer effective and achievable services that are developed and designed together with the residents, customers and partners
- to encourage the residents in personal development, active way of life and sense of community
- to encourage the maintaining of professional skills and the development of top level professionalism
- to be an active partner and forerunner in the national and international networks of our field
Recreation Services supports and coordinates the planning of activities and monitoring in cooperation with service areas in order to achieve the objectives of the service entity.
Recreation Director is Minna Sartes.