BOOKING VACCINATION APPOINTMENTS
New time slots
Book a vaccination appointment by phone: City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (on weekdays from 8 am to 2 pm)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Vaccination is voluntary and free of charge.
- Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirusvaccinations
VACCINATION ORDER RECOMMENDED BY THL:
- Vaccinations for people aged over 85 have started.
- Turku residents aged over 85 will be personally contacted by phone from City of Turku health stations. The phone calls are currently ongoing. If you haven’t been called yet, please wait for your turn. You will be vaccinated either at a health station or in Turku Fair Center.
- Or you can book a vaccination appointment online or by phone: City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (on weekdays from 8 am to 2 pm)
- If you are a customer of the City of Turku home care, your vaccination will be arranged through your home care. You will be contacted from within your home care area and you will be given instructions on vaccinations. Vaccinations in City of Turku home care are currently ongoing.
- If your close one is over 85 and is a resident of City of Turku housing services for the elderly, they will be vaccinated in their own care unit. The first vaccination round in City of Turku care units and private care units has been completed. The second dose will be given 12 weeks after the first dose.
- People aged over 70, customers of home care and residents of care units will receive either Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine or Moderna vaccine. These vaccines are intended for the elderly.
- People aged over 85 and family caregivers living in the same household or the spouse of the elderly person can be vaccinated at the same time.
When will I be considered to belong to the age group of people over 85?
Your age group is determined on the basis of the day – not year – you were born. For instance, on the day you turn 85 you will belong to the age group of people over 85. The booster dose will always be the same type of vaccine that was used for the first dose.
Vaccination point in Turku is Turku Fair Center
- People aged over 85 are vaccinated either in Turku Fair Center or at health stations.
- You can arrive at Turku Fair Center (Messukentänkatu 9–13) by bus or with your own car. Turku Fair Center has plenty of free parking spaces.
- Vaccination transport on line 100 operates on weekdays from 12 February to 30 June 2021 between Turku Fair Center and the city centre. More info: Take line 100 to access coronavirus vaccinations starting from 12 February
What do I have to take into consideration when I arrive at Turku Fair Center?
- Only come for your vaccination if you are well.
- Keep safety distances and maintain good hand hygiene.
- Wear a face mask both upon arrival and inside Turku Fair Center.
- Arrive as punctually as possible (you can get inside exactly 15 minutes before your appointment, not earlier)
- Bring your Kela card with you.
- Wear a shirt that you can easily take off.
- Be prepared to stay at the vaccination site for approximately 15 minutes after vaccination.
Safety measures against coronavirus must continue even after vaccination
- After vaccination, the customer receives patient instructions on what to do after vaccination and who to contact in case of problems.
- At the time of the first dose, the patient is informed about the timing of the second dose.
- Even after you have been vaccinated, it is important to keep a safety distance, wear a mask, take care of hand and coughing hygiene, get tested when experiencing symptoms and follow other regulations to prevent the spreading of coronavirus.