BOOKING VACCINATION APPOINTMENTS
Robot sends residents COVID-19 vaccination appointments by SMS. Now sending times to 56 year olds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Vaccination is voluntary and free of charge.
- Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirusvaccinations
ONLINE BOOKING TO CHANGING A PREEXCISTING TIME for over 57 year olds.
- Form in Finnish, Swedish version on the Swedish page
VACCINATION ORDER RECOMMENDED BY THL:
- Robot sends residents aged 55-59 COVID-19 vaccination appointments by SMS. Leila-robot sends vaccination appointments from the oldest to youngest. Now sending times to people aged 56.
- Among the people invited to vaccinations, there are some who have never used the health care services of the City of Turku, and we do not have their current contact details. If you are between 57 and 59 and have not gotten a COVID-19 vaccination appointment by SMS, the eHealthservicec might not have your information. In this case please book yourself an appointment online or call the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (on weekdays from 8 am to 2 pm)
- If you have recieved a COVID-19 vaccination appointment by SMS, but have been already vaccinated or have a time slot waiting you can cancel the time. Read more about cancelling the appointment booked for you.
- People aged between 55 and 59 will receive Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine or Moderna vaccine.
When will I be considered to belong to the age group of people over 55?
Your age group is determined on the basis of the day – not year – you were born. For instance, on the day you turn 55 you will belong to the age group of people over 55. The booster dose will always be the same type of vaccine that was used for the first dose.
Vaccination times will be send via text message
What to do when you get the text message:
- You don’t need to respond to the message. You only need to arrive at Turku Fair Center at the time of your appointment.
- The Text message looks like this (in Finnish or in Swedish): "Sinulle on automaattisesti varattu aika ensimmäiselle koronarokotteelle xx.xx.21 klo xx.xx, Rokottaja x, Messukeskukseen, Messukentänkatu 9-13, bussilinja 100. Ajan voi perua tai siirtää.... jne."
The text message comes from a phone number with the name “Turku”.
The City of Turku never asks municipal residents to give their banking credentials, usernames or pin codes.
- If you are not sure which phone number has been registered for you in the patient information system, you can check this by logging into eHealth services at www.turku.fi/eterveyspalvelut
If the time of vaccination appointment offered to you by SMS is not suitable and you need to cancel it, you can choose one of these two methods:
- Through eHealth services at turku.fi/eterveyspalvelut 24 hours before the appointment at the latest. Strong identification with online banking credentials is required.
- By calling the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm). Please leave a voice mail message including your name, date of birth and the vaccination appointment you wish to cancel. You can call 24/7 to leave a voice mail message.
After cancellation, can you book a new vaccination appointment at https://www.turku.fi/en/coronavirusvaccinations or they can call the City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159, open Mon-Fri between 8 am and 2 pm.
Vaccination point in Turku is Turku Fair Center
- You can arrive at Turku Fair Center (Messukentänkatu 9–13) by bus or with your own car. Turku Fair Center has plenty of free parking spaces.
- Vaccination transport on line 100 operates on weekdays from 12 February to 30 June 2021 between Turku Fair Center and the city centre. More info: Take line 100 to access coronavirus vaccinations
What do I have to take into consideration when I arrive at Turku Fair Center?
- Only come for your vaccination if you are well.
- Keep safety distances and maintain good hand hygiene.
- Wear a face mask both upon arrival and inside Turku Fair Center.
- Arrive as punctually as possible (you can get inside exactly 15 minutes before your appointment, not earlier)
- Bring your Kela card with you.
- Wear a shirt that you can easily take off.
- Be prepared to stay at the vaccination site for approximately 15 minutes after vaccination.
Safety measures against coronavirus must continue even after vaccination
- After vaccination, the customer receives patient instructions on what to do after vaccination and who to contact in case of problems.
- At the time of the first dose, the patient is informed about the timing of the second dose.
- Even after you have been vaccinated, it is important to keep a safety distance, wear a mask, take care of hand and coughing hygiene, get tested when experiencing symptoms and follow other regulations to prevent the spreading of coronavirus.