BOOKING VACCINATION APPOINTMENTS
New time slots
Book a vaccination appointment by phone: City of Turku COVID-19 vaccination helpline, tel. +358 2 266 0159 (on weekdays from 8 am to 2 pm)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Vaccination is voluntary and free of charge.
- Find Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Coronavirusvaccinations
VACCINATION ORDER RECOMMENDED BY THL:
- Vaccinations for everyone aged over 65 are ongoing.
- If you are over 70 and have not received a vaccination appointment time by text message or you only have a landline phone, please book your vaccination appointment through eHealth services (eTerveyspalvelut) or by calling the COVID-19 vaccination helpline.
- If you are a Turku resident aged over 85 and haven't been vaccinated please book your vaccination appointment through eHealth services (eTerveyspalvelut) or by calling the COVID-19 vaccination helpline.
- First round of vaccinations in City of Turku care units, home care and private care units has been completed. The second dose will be given 12 weeks after the first dose.
- People aged over 65 will receive Astra Zeneca vaccine, if they are starting the first round of vaccinations. The second dose is always given with the same vaccine.
- NB! People over 65 years of age who have previously had cerebral venous thrombosis, or sinus thrombosis, or heparin induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) should book their time slots by phone. A history of cerebral infarction, cerebral haemorrhage, or subarachnoid haemorrhage is not a barrier to vaccine administration. A previous history of pulmonary embolism or deep vein thrombosis, such as in the lower extremities, is also not a barrier to the administration of AstraZeneca.
When will I be considered to belong to the age group of people over 70?
Your age group is determined on the basis of the day – not year – you were born. For instance, on the day you turn 70 you will belong to the age group of people over 70. The booster dose will always be the same type of vaccine that was used for the first dose.
Vaccination point in Turku is Turku Fair Center
- You can arrive at Turku Fair Center (Messukentänkatu 9–13) by bus or with your own car. Turku Fair Center has plenty of free parking spaces.
- Vaccination transport on line 100 operates on weekdays from 12 February to 30 June 2021 between Turku Fair Center and the city centre. More info: Take line 100 to access coronavirus vaccinations
What do I have to take into consideration when I arrive at Turku Fair Center?
- Only come for your vaccination if you are well.
- Keep safety distances and maintain good hand hygiene.
- Wear a face mask both upon arrival and inside Turku Fair Center.
- Arrive as punctually as possible (you can get inside exactly 15 minutes before your appointment, not earlier)
- Bring your Kela card with you.
- Wear a shirt that you can easily take off.
- Be prepared to stay at the vaccination site for approximately 15 minutes after vaccination.
Safety measures against coronavirus must continue even after vaccination
- After vaccination, the customer receives patient instructions on what to do after vaccination and who to contact in case of problems.
- At the time of the first dose, the patient is informed about the timing of the second dose.
- Even after you have been vaccinated, it is important to keep a safety distance, wear a mask, take care of hand and coughing hygiene, get tested when experiencing symptoms and follow other regulations to prevent the spreading of coronavirus.