Advice is available on weekdays for the following day care issues:
- municipal and private day care
- playgrounds and playschools
- drop-in day care centres
Service counsellors are available on weekdays from 9 to 15. On Wednesdays 9-12:
- by phone: 02 262 5610
- by email: email@example.com
- Early Childhood Education Chat
In Turku, children attend one year of preschool education before their compulsory education starts.
• Preschool education groups operate both in day care centres and schools.
• There is four hours of preschool education per day between 8 and 13.
• The preschool education follows the preschool curriculum of the City of Turku.
• The contact information given is for the day care centre itself even if it is located within a school’s facilities.
• You will find the contact information for the day care centres in the “Units” section.
Special day care is for children with impaired possibilities for development, growth and learning. Discovering the child’s need for support at an early stage will contribute favourably to the child’s growth.
The supporting measures are usually organized in the child’s own day care centre or family day care. A child’s rehabilitation plan will be made for the child together with parents, day care personnel and other professionals. The day care personnel are responsible for compiling and implementing the plan.
Types of special group arrangements:
Family day care is organized at the childminder’s home.
In three-family day care 1–4 families form a circle. The children and the municipal childminder stay at each family’s home in turn. The family purchases and prepares the meals for the day, and the city in turn compensates for this. If needed, the city can borrow necessary equipment, for example a twin stroller.
The maximum size of a group for both forms of day care is four children, including the childminder’s own children.