The City of Turku arranges various concerts throughout the city. These concerts are often classical music concerts. The Turku Philharmonic Orchestra (TFO) is the oldest orchestra in Finland and among the oldest in the world. There are also concerts in the Old Town Hall on Sundays and in the Wäinö Aaltonen Museum of Art on Tuesdays.
If you are in need of rescue services, contact the Emergency Response Centre.
The emergency number 112 should only be called in the case of emergencies where an individual’s life, health or property or the environment are threatened or in danger, or if there is a reason to assume so.
The Emergency Response Centre will dispatch police, rescue, first response or social services as necessary.
The City of Turku offers many kinds of cultural activities for children.
The activities of the Adventure Park are geared towards children under 12. There you can watch theatre and musical performances and take part in a variety of events and art workshops. Some of the services are free of charge while others have a fee.
Turku Concert Hall hosts events and performances, and museums offer art workshops and guided tours for children. There are also theatre performances aimed at children at the Turku City Theatre.
There are many exercise opportunities for children and teenagers in Turku.
- The Sports Wonderlands for Kids are meant for families with children. Children aged 1–12 can visit the Wonderlands in the company of an adult. The Wonderlands are free of charge.
- The ‘Mihi’ classes offer 13–19-year-olds opportunities for exercising. These classes are also free of charge.
- Sports clubs offer many sports activities for children and teenagers at reasonable prices.
There is no age limit to exercising. Turku provides a range of exercise and sports for seniors both on your own or together, outdoors or indoors provided either by the city, clubs and associations.
- The affordable senior wristband is meant for citizens of Turku over 65 and encourages to move within one's own schedule. It allows you access to the swimming halls, gyms and culture offers. The wristband is valid 6 months at a time.
- Kuntokonkarit for adults over 55.
Services for families in Runosmäki, Turku.
On Thursdays 1 pm - 4 pm a group for children born in 2021-2022.