The activities of the family clubs are preventive child protection. You can join the service under the guidance of a nurse of the Maternity Clinic or the Child Welfare Clinic or a social worker specialized in child welfare.
The employees of the group provide guidance on issues related to the childcare and upbringing as well as they support parenting. In family clubs you can learn everyday skills and prevent exhaustion and loneliness as a parent. The club also provides peer support for the families.
The home service for families with children includes, for example, the necessary assistance in the home care and support for the daily routines of the family with children, support for the parenting and for the functioning of the family.
The contact person is the family conselor of the city, who also makes the mapping home visit, which is a prerequisite for providing the service.
Read more: Home service for families with children
Social Work for Families with Children supports you in difficult situations when you want to have a change in your life or when you feel overwhelmed by several kinds of challenges and you aren't sure how to get forward in life.
Social Work for Families with Children is done in cooperation with the family. The social workers search for suitable solutions depending on the situation of each family. They encourage the families in the change and work in cooperation with the network of the city and each family.
It is possible to contact the Services for Families with Babies already during pregnancy. Services for Families with Babies are meant for families for which the support of basic services is not enough. Forms of service are individual and family discussions. One or both of the parents can visit with their baby, or the whole family in case the baby has siblings.
House calls are also possible when needed. Families with babies may also need family mediation.
- Mapping the situation of a family and child and planning supporting measures
- Support visits for children, parents, and families
- Psychological individual examinations for children and youth
- Interaction assessments and interaction therapy
- Family therapies
- Relationship visits
- Family mediation
- Crisis time slots for when a family has faced a sudden and traumatic event
- Co-operation with e.g. day care, schools, and child welfare, with the customer’s consent
- Various groups for customers
Safety instructions for participants in Children´s wonderland
• Anyone can atted the event, number of participants is not limited. One can arrive to the event when ever and registration is no longer in use.
• Every child should have a responsible adult with them. We recommend that one adult is needed for 1-3 children.
• Participate in the event only if you feel completely healthy.
• Please take care of your hand hygiene.
• Keep safe distance to others.