Monitori offers service by chat, by phone and on-site at both the Market Square and Skanssi locations.
You can also contact Monitori via the feedback service. There you can ask about Monitori’s services or give feedback.
On Monitori’s chat, you can ask anything about the City’s services, and it is open according to Monitori Market Square’s opening hours.
Can I use a computer at Monitori Market Square?
There are about twenty computer terminals available to customers. One of these is an accessible computer terminal. Due to the coronavirus situation, only some of the customer terminals are currently in use.
Can I leave post to Kela and the City of Turku outside service hours?
Outside of our service hours, you can submit documents to be sent to Kela and the City of Turku by post to the postbox located in the green recess midway through Kauppahallinkuja.
- From Saturday March 6th onwards, the maximum number of customers allowed to enter Monitori Market Square and Monitori Skanssi at the same time will be limited, in accordance with the decision made by the Regional State Administrative Agency.
- We recommend wearing a face mask when visiting Monitori.
- If necessary, the number of clients allowed in the facilities can be limited to ensure that everyone can maintain a safe distance.
- Turku City Theatre, Turku Philharmonic Orchestra and Turku Music Festival have suspended their performances and concert activities.
The customer guidance of Työpiste at Monitori Market Square provides unemployed jobseekers with wide-ranging, early-stage guidance on various employment, education and rehabilitation opportunities, among other things. We also advise companies at different stages of employment.
Työpiste customer guidance at Monitori Market Square is open Mon–Fri 9-11.15 am and 12-3.15 pm.
Tel. +358 (0)2 262 5072.
Chat Mon–Fri 8.30 am–3.30 pm.
The tourist information bureau of Turku serves tourists and residents.
The tourist information bureau provides brochures and expert advice regarding the whole region. We also sell e.g. Kiss My Turku products, Food Walk Cards and tickets to the Turku City Theatre performances and Turku Philharmonic Orchestra as well as Turku Music Festival concerts.
Kela’s service hours at Monitori Market Square
Mon 9 am–3.30 pm
Tue–Thu 12 noon–3.30 pm
Fri 9 am–3.30 pm
and at other times by appointment.
Kela services at Monitori Skanssi on Tuesdays from 12 noon to 3.30 pm.
Monitori Market Square provides free guidance and information on support services such as food, home care and cleaning services, as well as various transport services and informal care.The service counsellors can also come visit the client at home.
Monitori Market Square is a joint accessible customer service centre of the City and Kela located in the heart of Turku. Monitori Skanssi will also continue to serve as before.
Every week, both Monitoris offer services by the service counsellors of the units of the City’s Welfare Division, Kela’s customer advisers and Infotori, which offers service in several different languages. Monitori Market Square also provides tourist information and Työpiste customer guidance.
- Social Work with the Adults
- Southern District of the Social Work with the Families with Children
- Western District of the Social Work with the Families with Children
- Northern District of the Social Work with the Families with Children
- Services for the homeless
- Immigrant Office
Please feel free to ask from us
about the social services (for example in cases of financial difficulties, crises in life, problems in the everyday life, addiction problems or other difficult situations in life)
The Initial social services gives you general information on the social services. You will also get help in applying for complementary and preventive social assistance.
We guide you also in the following matters:
◾issues relating to the customer service of the social work
◾problems in the everyday life
◾other challenges in life