The City of Turku cooperates actively with other cities in different city networks both in the home country and internationally. The main goals of the international cooperation are:
- joint promotion of interests in the European urban policy
- theme-specific cooperation
- comparison of good practices and operations models and exchange of experiences
The City of Turku with its partners also participates in several field-specific networks like organisations and networks of culture, industry, logistics and universities.
The Europe Forum is organized as a three-day hybrid event in Turku on the 25th to 27th of August 2021. The public is invited to participate online.
The Fraunhofer Society is Europe’s most prominent organization in applied research, encompassing over 70 institutes specialized in different fields
– Reaching the goals of the Paris Agreement depends mostly on the actions of the cities, urban areas and local operators.
– On vacation, tourists yearn for experiences, and judging by the signs, this is going to be a record-breaking summer for domestic tourism.
The vast ICLEI World Congress in Montreal started on Wed 19 June
The President of Iceland, Guðni Th.
In the Europe Forum, the role of Finland in Europe and the European Union is reflected from the perspective of a long time frame.
The Letter of Intent is now being developed into concrete plans during the visit by the managements of the University of Strathclyde and their Facu
Turku represented itself as a city of the sea and culture.