Luostarinmäki is a popular field trip destination in Turku. You can book a guided tour of the Handicrafts Museum for your class.
Comprehensive schools in Turku get free guided tours in Luostarinmäki, as part of the city’s Culturepath programme. The Culturepath tours are organised throughout the school year, with the exception of May.
Guided Tours in English
1 Aug – 30 Aug 2020
- Every day at 2.30 pm.
- The guided tour fee is 3 € /person + admission fee.
- Due to the current situation with the coronavirus participation is restricted to a maximum of 20 persons per group and the tour is conducted primarily outdoors.
During off-season we offer tours by separate arrangement.
Guided Tours 1–30 Aug 2020
- in English daily at 14.30
- in Finnish daily at 10.30 and 15.30
- in Swedish Saturdays at noon
The guided tour fee is 3e/person + admission fee.
Due to the current situation with the coronavirus participation is restricted to a maximum of 20 persons per group and the tour is conducted primarily outdoors.
The Luostarinmäki museum block is the only complete wooden building area that survived the Great Fire of Turku in 1827. The more than 200 year old buildings stand where they originally did, and the alleys, yards, and homes of the block form an unique environment in the middle of the city.
Turku Castle Audio Guide in English