Turku invites everyone to participate in experiences, work, a forerunner's approach and sustainable growth - to live the best time in their lives.
Values of the City
- Resident and customer orientation
- Responsibility and equality
- Renewal and cooperation
The City Strategy is a document which answers to the following questions:
- How will Turku look in the 2030s?
- What are the key objectives the City sets for its operations?
- What values do city personnel and elected officials promise to commit to in their activities?
During this Council term, Turku adopted the mayor model. At the same time, the City's steering model was updated. The implementation of the long-term strategy is guided by the City's steering documents and the Mayor's Programme which is agreed on for each Council term. The objectives of short-term operations are set out in the annual operating and service plans.
Spearhead projects focus on implementing the most central objectives from the perspective of the strategy.