Working in Finland and Turku
Finnish working life
What Finnish employers value and how the Finnish labor market works? Info-packages concerning how to live and work in Finland can be very useful for getting to know the local work culture as well as legal and practical issues.
- Finnish working culture (infopankki.fi)
- working during and after studies (studyinfinland.fi)
- work in Finland (Business Finland)
- permits and other practical matters (Finnish Immigration Service)
- information for job seekers
Turku business life
The Turku region already hosts about 20,000 companies and 130,000 jobs.
The Turku region and Southwest Finland will require thousands of new employees by 2020 for the manufacturing technology industry and its growth phase that will also impact other sectors. Spearhead industries include:
- maritime industry
- creative industries
Large employers in the area include e.g. the City of Turku, the hospital district of Southwest Finland, the universities, Meyer Turku, Posti, Orion, Bayer, If Vahinkovakuutusyhtiö and Turun Seudun Kiinteistöpalvelu.