A City of Events and Culture
The residents of Turku like to call their city the festival capital of Finland. Music, theatre, art, sports, food and film festivals are organised nearly every weekend, and the range of other cultural activities is likewise huge. Turku also offers a variety of hobbies, catering for all tastes with its 3,658 associations. When you add the nearby municipalities and their associations to this number, you are sure to find a suitable hobby and like-minded people.
What to do?
- Events in Turku (Visit Turku)
- See & experience (Visit Turku)
- You can find information on student events and freetime activities, organised all year round, at the student unions’ and organisations' websites.
- The City of Turku’s hobby search gives you information about clubs and associations and helps you find a new hobby.
- Exercising indoors and outdoors, and other hobbies: students enjoy an abundance of opportunities for doing sports and exercising.
Culture, art and leisure
- City of Turku's Culture Card
Recreation services for immigrants: libraries, museums, theatre etc.