Public Transport and Campus Areas
Public Transport in Turku = Föli
After your arrival in Turku, you may want to get yourself acquainted with the local transportation system. In Turku travelling by bus is cheap and easy. Turku region public transport is known under the name of Föli.
You can take advantage of the student price on public transport if you are aged 20–30 and come from or live in one of Föli municipalities (Turku, Kaarina, Raisio, Naantali, Lieto and Rusko). You are able to use the same ticket to travel throughout the entire city region.
- read more about student discount (föli.fi)
- find schedules and routes easily with a journey planner (reittiopas.foli.fi)
Names of important bus stops for using the journey planner:
- Lentoasema = Airport
- Kauppatori = City center
- Rautatieasema = Central Railway Station
- Kupittaan asema = Kupittaa Railway Station
- Satama = Harbor
- Ylioppilaskylä = The Student Village
Maps and Campus areas
All campuses are located near city center.
- Map of the University of Turku campuses
- Map of the Åbo Akademi University campuses
- Turku University of Applied Sciences campuses
Companies offering long-distance bus services in Finland:
There are three railway stations in Turku. Railway traffic is organized by VR in Finland.
The links below show the locations of each station on the map: