Temporary care for persons with disabilities
Contact information and forms
Temporary care is intended for
- Implementing informal carer’s leave.
- For children and young people with intellectual disabilities.
- The service supports living at home and the coping of the family when the care of a special needs child or a child with a long-term illness is particularly demanding and binding.
- The amount and implementation method of temporary care are based on an individual service need assessment, taking into account the family's overall situation.
- Options include the city's own Koskikoti unit, family care and outsourced service units.
How do I apply for a service?
- To assess service needs, the following are required:
- a medical certificate or a valid rehabilitation plan that is less than 6 months old
- application form (Application for services for persons with intellectual disabilities)
- more information from case managers, tel. (+358) (0)40 630 5974, available Mon, Tue and Thu at 9 – 11 a.m. and Wed at 1 – 2 p.m.