Guidelines for safe library visits
Tips for safe library visits
- Visit us only when healthy!
- Remember good hand hygiene and coughing technique.
- Maintain adequate safety distances to other customers.
- Use a mask.
Our customers and staff are of the utmost importance to us. We want you to be able to visit the library with confidence. We monitor the development of the coronavirus situation and adjust the activities according to the recommendations. Let's take care of the safety of us all together!
Safety measures on the part of the library
- We will only come to work completely healthy.
- We have made cleaning more efficient. Customer computers are cleaned regularly, borrowing machines and Vaski search computers every few hours.
- Staff have been instructed in the safe handling of library materials.
- We recommend online and card payments.
- There is a possibility to wash your hands in our premises. Hand sanitizers are also available.
- It is difficult to implement safety distances in the mobile libraries, so only two customers can visit the library bus at a time.
Security measures for the library's events
- The number of participants in the events is limited to maintain safety distances
- We collect contact information of participants in events. In the event of a subsequent exposure to corona, the information will be provided to the body in charge of tracing corona cases at the request of the health authorities. The information will be treated confidentially and will not be used for any other purpose.
- Group visits must be arranged separately with the library. Group visits can be arranged, provided that safety distances can be carried out correctly.
We expect from you as a customer
- Come to the library only when completely healthy!
- We recommend in all our libraries to use masks in accordance with THL's (Finnish Institute of Occupational Health) mask recommendation.
- Take care of good hygiene. Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer.
- Cough and sneeze into a sleeve or disposable cloth. Also remember to wash your hands after sneezing and coughing.
- Keep a sufficient distance (2 m) from other customers.