Read newspapers and magazines
- The lists of newspapers and magazines contain all subscriptions
- The list of newspapers and magazines in stacks contains older newspapers and magazines
- Newspaper and magazine stacks are in the Main Library
- Materials in open stacks (non-fiction department, 2nd floor of the new Main Library building) are available without request
Stack materials can be requested at the service desks of all libraries.
- +358 (0)50 577 1938 Information and guidance service (office), most certainly 9-15
- +358 (0)44 907 2921 Mobile Library 1
- +358 (0)44 907 2922 Mobile Library 2
The main library has meeting, event, and exhibition facilities of various sizes available for rent. The facilities canbe used during the opening hours of the library. Other times may be agreed on in exceptional cases. An additional fee will be charged if the facilities are used outside opening hours.
Meeting and event facilities
Group visits must be arranged separately with each library. Group visits are carried out, if security and safe distances can be implemented properly.
Turku Main Library is the most used library in the Nordic countries. It operates in two buildings: the old building was finished in 1903 and the new one in 2007.
Guided tours focusing on art, architecture, services and cultural history of the library are organized for groups. The maximum size of a group is 20 persons, and the tour takes 60 minutes.
From the list of magazines you can find all magazine subscriptions of Turku City Library.
Older magazines can be found from the list of stored magazines. The magazine storages are located at the Main Library.
Library Services consist of the Main Library, 10 Branch Libraries, one service point in the Skanssi shopping centre, and two Mobile Libraries, as well as the web services on the internet. All services are mainly free of charge.
Library Services are a gateway to information and experiences. Through its versatile collections and events the library opens outlooks to the present, the past and the future.